In consideration for being permitted to participate in the SSR Event I agree and acknowledge on behalf of myself and/or family:
- I ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent for myself, my partner/spouse, and/or my minor child(ren) that I understand the nature of the current COVID-19 pandemic, and have made myself familiar with the current guidelines regarding activities during the pandemic including, but not limited to, guidance from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Panhandle Health District and other federal, state and local governments. That I/my child(ren) am/are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities with full knowledge of the risks and dangers associated with a group activity.
- I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT such participation presents significant risks, some of which are unknown to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES that I may incur as a result of my participation, my partner/spouse, or that of my minor child(ren).
- I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL MEDICAL EXPENSES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY ACCIDENT, ILLNESS, EXPOSURE, QUARANTINE, ORDER OF SELF ISOLATION OR NEGLIGENCE WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE SSR EVENT.
- I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT, FOR MYSELF, MY PARTNER/SPOUSE, AND MY MINOR CHILD(REN) NOT TO SUE SLINGSHOT ROADSTERS AND ITS AFFILIATES, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owner and lessors of premises on which the _SSR Event_ takes p I further agree that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, my partner/spouse, or anyone on our behalf, or on the behalf of my minor child(ren), makes a claim against the Slingshot Roadsters, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CITY OF MAGGIE VALLEY, its elected officials, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, officers and employees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any or all of them may incur as the result of such claim.
- I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT, FOR MYSELF, MY PARTNER/SPOUSE, AND MY MINOR CHILD(REN) NOT TO SUE THE CITY OF MAGGIE VALLEY AND ITS AFFILIATES, elected officials, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owner and lessors of premises on which the _SSR Event_ takes p I further agree that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, my partner/spouse, or anyone on our behalf, or on the behalf of my minor child(ren), makes a claim against any of the Maggie Valley City, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CITY OF MAGGIE VALLEY, its elected officials, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, officers and employees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any or all of them may incur as the result of such claim.
- SEVERABILITY: Should any portion of this waiver be declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction; the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect and shall be read to carry out the purpose(s) of the waiver before the declaration of partial invalidity.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
EVENT REGISTRATION / RELEASE FORM
As consideration for being allowed to participate in the event(s) described below I agree:
- I acknowledge that motorcycle activity is a potentially hazardous activity which can be a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of rider’s equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to organizers, participants, volunteers, spectators, agents, Slingshot Roadsters and its officers, directors and employees. These risks are not only inherent to riders, but are also present for passengers, spectators and volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating, viewing and /or volunteering in the event(s). I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities organizing or conducting this event and hereby release them of all possible liability. I certify that I am at least 18 years old. I promise not to sue and agree to pay all court costs and all attorney fees that result from my action(s), civil or otherwise.
- I certify that I am physically fit with no known physical or mental impairment and have prepared for participation in the event(s). I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the Event Holders, sponsors and organizers of the event(s), in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said event(s). I certify that I am not under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or other drug that may impair my understanding or judgement and that I will not at any time during the event(s) operation my motorcycle under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or drug. I certify that I have fully adequate insurance to cover all medical claims, the motorcycle and any other equipment and any damage or liability I may ultimately be found responsible for, during all travel to the point of my entry into the Ride, the Ride the period between the end of the Ride and my return to my final destination. I further certify that I have all the insurance required by law and I am licensed and competent to operate a motorcycle in a safe manner and my license has all motorcycle endorsements or certificates required by my state of residence.
- In consideration of my being permitted to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me during the event or during my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITITIES OR PERSONS: Slingshot Roadsters, directors, employees, ride organizers, sponsors, representatives, agents, volunteers and (B) indemnify and Hold Harmless the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during the event(s). Accordingly, I do hereby release and discharge Slingshot Roadsters and their officers, agents and its employees from all claims, demands, and causes of action of every kind whatsoever for any death, damages and/or injuries which may result from my participation in the event(s). This shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and / or illnesses during the event(S). I agree to pay for any and all costs related to medical response, treatment and transport on my behalf.
- I certify I will wear the personal protective equipment while operating my motorcycle at the event(s) that is or may be required by the United States and/or any state in which my participation occurs and that my motorcycle and all required personal protective equipment are in safe operational condition. I agree to abide by the directions / rules given by the organizers of the event(S) and understand that my privilege to ride may be revoked without refund if I am in violation of the rules set forth or acting / performing in an unsafe manner, or any manner disruptive to the operation of the event(s). The engine displacement of my motorcycle is at least 650cc. the minimum size allowed for participation.
- I agree to pay for all expenses (including, but not limited to lodging, food, beverages, gasoline, oil, repairs and maintenance and any other costs or expense I may incur, intending that Slingshot Roadsters shall be totally free of such costs and expense.
- As additional consideration for being allowed to participate in the event(s) described below, I hereby assign to Slingshot Roadsters any claim I have or might have, in contract or in tort in any way, shape, form or fashion arising out of its action, the actions of other riders or anyone that participates in or comes in contact with participants in the event(s). This assignment is intended by all parties to be a full and complete assignment of any claim I have against Slingshot Roadsters, officers, directors, employees, ride organizers, sponsors, volunteers, representatives and agents, or any have against entities and individuals listed in this paragraph whether directly or through third parties. The intent of the parties is that Slingshot Roadsters, officers, directors, employees, ride organizers, sponsors, volunteers, representatives and agents shall be liability free with regard to anything in any way connected with the event(s).
- I hereby release Slingshot Roadsters, from any and all claims based upon or arising out of the use, reproduction distribution, display or performance of all or any part of the photographs or recording, or any derivative thereof, including any claim of invasion of privacy of right of publicity.
I hereby certify that I have read and understand this Waiver, Release and Assignment of Claims in its entirety. My signature below indicates that I fully understand it and agree to its contents.
PHOTO RELEASE FORM
I give Slingshot Roadsters my permission to use my photograph publicly in their marketing materials. I understand that the images may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. I also understand that no royalty, fee, or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.